My name is Paolo Sperduti, stage name “Otto il Bassotto”. I am a comic performer from Sora, a small city in southern Italy, that is in the Land of Balloons. Closed to Sora, among hills and vineyards, the “Rocca” Family since 1902 produces balloons on the most varied forms and dimensions, as no one before had done: using just pure liquid latex, just as it had been gathered from the trees.
So, for fun and to find a way to pay my studies, in 2002 I started to work with balloons using a variety of sizes, shapes and colors. Manipulation and decoration (also big sets) were my favourite, but i also experienced balloons in comedy magic, improvisation and clownerie.
Busking with balloon-art was very exciting but I was missing a real show. Then in 2010 I created the Balloon Show: “Palloncinerie”. A mix of clown acts, magic tricks and stand up comedy. I needed to try and try again so I started to travel all around Italy and just a year later I was invited in Cile. The most exiting experience! Cile’s audience gave me an extreme feedback. They was exilarated, I was really surprised and “Palloncinerie” was greatly appreciated also from the directors.
During this trip, spontaneously (I did not speak Spanish…) “Palloncinerie” turn out in a mute show.
It meant international possibilities…
After that great experience I was ready to travel the World. And I just did it! In 2015 a big wish to renew convinced me to work on the Show again, so I restyled “Palloncinerie” into “Rubber Head” with the fantastic Director “Domenico Lannutti”.
Until today (28 October 2019) I presented my show officially in Theaters, Street Art Festivals and other entertainment events in 34 countries:
Argentine, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Emirates, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Kuwait, Latvia, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Oman, Russian Federation, San Marino, Scotland, Serbia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom.
It won 8 International Awards:
- “Jury Award” in Koblenz GauklerFestung 2019
- “Jury Award” in Dottingen WinzerFest 2019
- “Pave’ d’Or” in 25th “Festival des Artistes de Rue” in Vevey (Ch), 2017 (First award in Special Edition: the winners of last 25 years)
- “Jury Preis” in “Hein Mück Straßenkunst Festival” in Bremerhaven (De), 2016
- “Joint Winner of Audience vote” at “Hat Fair” festival di Winchester (UK), 2015
- “Public Award” at “Festival des Artistes de Rue” in Vevey (Ch), 2012
- “Glops Award” at “Festival des Artistes de Rue” in Vevey (Ch), 2012
- “First Award” in the Street Art Competition “Carichi in Strada” in Padova, 2012.